[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re[2]: [m0n0wall] SSL keys?
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:47:09 +0100
> Sure.  The problem is bribing Microsoft into putting your root CA into
the
> store they ship in IE.

Is this very necessary? I have no problems when adding a certificate to
IE (although I wouldn't know if this can be done for root certificates?
But then again I wouldn't know if it had to be a root cert. either?!?)

I assumed that once a certificate was added / trusted for such a server
(and possibly set up in a certain way / put in a certain cert. store)
other certificates issued by this server would automatically be trusted
(or at least to the same extent a certificate issued by one of the
"official" roots)?

A-)

P.S. Anyone know why I get two copies of some, but not all, posts on
this list?