[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging without bridge?
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:11:58 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christiaens Joachim" <jchristi at oce dot be>

> These rules seem fine.

Yarh! That was what I thought.

The strange thing was that I had no hole between the two interfaces (LAN
and OPT1) no matter what I tried (Pass any rules on each interface,
Static routes in both directions, not even bridging OPT1 with LAN!)

Strangely it all worked fine after I had to reset m0n0wall to factory
defaults (made some kind of config error, and I have no way to replace
config.xml except the webGUI!)

And this even though I did heavy cut-and-pasting from a backed-up
config.xml. Also I couldn't find anything special with the old
config.xml?

But since everything works as expected now, with the same config, I
guess this will go into the book of unreproducable bugs (if at all a
bug, and not some strangeness in my network?)

Adam.