[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at freebsd dot org>
 To:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:44:54 -0800
If memory serves me right, "Brandon Holland" wrote:

> This traffic shaper is very powerful.  Are there any articles on it yet?
> I KNOW I don't fully understand it. :-)

The traffic shaper in m0n0wall uses the FreeBSD dummynet and ipfw
systems.  The manual pages are here (watch out for URL linewrap):

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=dummynet&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+4.9-RELEASE&format=html

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ipfw&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+4.9-RELEASE&format=html

Googling around will probably find you some other articles on this.

I *thought* I had saved a couple of useful (to me anyways) m0n0wall list
postings on this subject, but I can't find them now.  :-(

Bruce.