[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WiFi dropouts?
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:18:47 +0100
Hi,

Since around the time I upgraded my m0n0wall (generic-PC) to the latest
build (614), my Wireless PCI card (D-Link DWL-520+) seem to loose the
connection every now and then (on average once every few minutes, mainly
when there is little or no traffic).

It will immediatly regain the connection, but since D-Link has for some
(IMHO stupid) reason choosen to make "no wireless connection" = "network
cable unplugged", my Win2k bitches about it every time. Also, I fear it
might break any open connections / sockets (dunno about this though, so
far it hasn't been a problem, but I can't really test it proplerly at
the moment.)

It might very well not be a problem related to m0n0wall at all, I just
wanted to check if anyone else has seen this, or otherwise knows what
could be the cause?

I also bought a new antenna for the above card recently, but I can't see
how that could cause this particular problem? (I've got an excellent
signal from both ends.)

Adam.