[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP server connection breaks DNS?
 Date:  Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:28:53 +1000
Hi Ping,

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 05:50, Ping Kwong wrote:
> I was able to establish a remote connection with the built-in PPTP
> server but during the time I was connected, the LAN wasn't able to
> resolve external DNS names.  If you ping with IP addresses that works
> fine.  Is there something I'm missing?  I am using built pb23r570.

The first thing I'd do were I you, is to upgrade to the latest Beta -
pb26r614 (built on Sun Jan 25 2004) as you are running an old version -
pb23r570 (built on Thu Jan 1 2004).

After doing this, I'd then check to see if this issue is still present,
or if it is now no longer there.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Email: Hilton at QuarkAV dot com
         Quark Computers        Phone: +61-(0)419-792-394
(Brisbane, Australia)            http://www.QuarkAV.com/

				http://www.mamboband.org/