[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kasper Pedersen" <m0n0list dash kkp2 at kasperkp dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lockups...
 Date:  Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:42:06 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeroen Visser" monowall at forty dash two dot nl

> I'm now convinced it's the traffic. It couldn't be the networkload,
> because the
> P2P client was configured to use 1 kb up and down on a 6 mbit internet
> connection.

At work I have a 1.5GHz P4 box sitting in NATed DMZ behind the 1.22
C3-800/128MB monowall handling the company's fiber. For two weeks after the
Fedora 6 release I had it running bittorrent with some of the isos, limited
to ~700k/sec, and I never saw anything bad happen. It had an amazing number
of connections.
Can you bring your box down with bittorrent too?

The only problem I have with that particular monowall is that whenever I try
to bring up the firewall states page, it says:
Oct 25 10:14:50 m0n0 /kernel: swap_pager_getswapspace: failed
Oct 25 10:14:50 m0n0 /kernel: pid 179 (ipfstat), uid 0, was killed: out of
swap space
I've never seen that one before. I'm going to flatten, rebuild, and compare.

/Kasper Pedersen