[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  SDamron <sdamron at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Jimmy Bones (Mhottie)" <mhottie at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware Question
 Date:  Thu, 9 Nov 2006 07:29:12 -0600
I tried one of those cases for an HTPC, and the power supply was quite
inadequate.  I had 2 TV tuners and a 300 gig hard drive in it, so
maybe it would work better with something like 2 to 4 nics in it, but
not sure.

On 11/8/06, Jimmy Bones (Mhottie) <mhottie at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I see this questions come up on the list from time-time and always see
> someone linking to a $50-$70 case.
>
> What is wrong with say, http://www.directron.com/7396am1.html  at $19.99
> INCLUDING the PowerSupply??
>
> It's an Enlight too, not a cheap case.
>
> -J
>
> On 11/8/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 00:27 -0500, Ron Carter wrote:
> > > This should be interesting to all:  I am runing a C3 giga pro with the
> > > onboard nic and two 3com nics.  256 meg of ram and CF drive.  It is
> > > extreamly fast.
> > >
> > > I have a few minor issue to figure out, those are extreamly low on the
> > list.
> > > over it works well.  Can anyone recommend a small foot print case that I
> > can
> > > put this in.  My system is on the gallery web page.  I would love to
> > find a
> > > 1U or 2U case with a riser that it would work in or a extreamly small
> > desk
> > > top case.
> >
> > I have used a few of these, and they have been very solid.  And
> > cheap... :-)
> >
> > http://www.directron.com/2699r.html
> >
> >                                         Lee

Every revolution begins with the power of an idea and ends when the
only idea left is power.