[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware Question
 Date:  Wed, 8 Nov 2006 23:36:25 -0600
From: "Jimmy Bones (Mhottie)" <mhottie at gmail dot com>
> On 11/8/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

>> I have used a few of these, and they have been very solid.  And
>> cheap... :-)
>>
>> http://www.directron.com/2699r.html

>I see this questions come up on the list from time-time and always see
> someone linking to a $50-$70 case.

> What is wrong with say, http://www.directron.com/7396am1.html  at $19.99
> INCLUDING the PowerSupply??

> It's an Enlight too, not a cheap case.

This is not fact here, but some educated estimation...  I was building
monowalls with flexATX cases and motherboards for a while.  Reasonably
small, and very cheap.  I tried a number of different cases from different
manufactures, but they all seemed to use the same power supply.  That power
supply was junk.  I now have a handful of empty cases with replaced (junk)
power supplies.  That case looks like the same power supply in the picture.

Also, the case I first linked to is 1/3rd the size of the enlight cases.  It
worked out to being $75 more for a much more stable system at 1/3 the size.
So it is now in about 10 locations.  Where I have more space I have been
using Dell GX200s.  I have about 40 systems up right now, and have had a
chance to find out what is really solid.  That case I KNOW is solid.

                                Lee