[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Simon Dick <simond at irrelevant dot org>
 To:  Chris Bagnall <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Reliable ADSL modem/routers
 Date:  Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:08:31 +0000
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 14:27 +0000, Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Simon Dick uttered on 9 November 2006 2:22 pm:
> > I've had a fair amount of luck with the Linksys ADSL2MUE modem, it
> > can work in either nat mode or allow proper PPPoE from m0n0wall to it
> > on UK adsl networks (I'm currently using one at home and have had
> > remarkably few problems with it), it's also nice and cheap.
>
> Do you know if the device supports routing a whole subnet straight through
> to m0n0?

That part I'm not sure about I'm afraid, but I guess that it should work
somehow  as I think it mostly just passes on the PPPoE, but it's not
something I've had a chance to try yet I'm afraid.

> (sorry, I'm a bit of a PPPoE novice - for much of the UK PPPoA still seems
> to be the preferred option, even though BT reckon everywhere should handle
> PPPoE now)

No problem, in some ways I still prefer my old speedtouch usb modem :)
On the other hand it would've been nice if m0n0/pfsense supported the
sangoma s518 card I got a while ago, due to lack of time I've not been
able to try implementing it myself.