[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec tunnel with BEFVP41
 Date:  Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:57:03 -0500
On 11/9/06, Lynn Grant <lgrant at adamscon dot com> wrote:

> Eventually, I replaced the BEFVP41 with another Mono, because the Mono
> is better supported, more stable, and has an easier-to-use user
> interface.

That's an understatement, especially the "more stable" part.  Those
BEFVP41's are a joke, stability wise.  I used one for a little while,
it quickly took up new duties collecting dust.  I'm not the only one
either, every time those things are mentioned here people say the same
thing.  Not just with m0n0wall either, I've never heard of them
working reliably with anything on the other end.

I had better luck after upgrading to the latest firmware, but it still
was way more of a pain than it was worth.

-Chris