[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lockups...
 Date:  Wed, 8 Nov 2006 22:29:32 +0100
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:42:06 +0100, Kasper Pedersen wrote
> At work I have a 1.5GHz P4 box sitting in NATed DMZ behind the 1.22
> C3-800/128MB monowall handling the company's fiber. For two weeks after
> the Fedora 6 release I had it running bittorrent with some of the isos,
>  limited to ~700k/sec, and I never saw anything bad happen. It had an
> amazing number of connections. Can you bring your box down with
> bittorrent too?

I highly suspect Limewire (gnutella).

Bittorrent has never brought the box down. So if you feel like testing, try
gnutella and/or edonkey. It's not the number of connections. I still have a lot of
open connections on the NAT box. (1500+ clients)

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Jeroen Visser.