[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Guy Boisvert <boisvert dot guy at videotron dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN
 Date:  Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:19:46 -0500
Lonnie Abelbeck wrote:
> Guy,
>
> You should be able to do this, provided your PPTP client allows you to
> choose to forward PPTP traffic ONLY to the Remote LAN.  (Mac OS X's
> PPTP allows this, but is not the default).
>
> Your Remote LAN should be a unique private network address, if possible.
>
> Lonnie
>
> P.S: I'm not a PPTP guru either!
>

> On Nov 14, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Guy Boisvert wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>    One of my client wants to have simultaneous access to internet
>> (from his laptop) and a PPTP VPN i've set up.  I know that it's not a
>> good practice but i have to do what they ask me to...  They told me
>> "we did it with another IPSec VPN we have"... Is it possible to
>> achieve the same thing with mOnO?
>>

>> Laptop ---> LAN ---> Corp Firewall ---> [Internet] ---> mOnO --->
>> Remote LAN
>>
>> User wants to acces simultaneously LAN / Internet  from his end &
>> Remote LAN.
>>

>> Thanks!
>>

>> Guy Boisvert
>>
>> P.S.: As you can see, i'm no PPTP guru !

Thanks Lonnie,

    Finally i checked the routing table in Winblows and i just typed a
couple of route command and it worked.  Here are the commands, just in
case it could be of interest for some other members of the list:

1) route delete 0.0.0.0
    The default route point to the PPTP ip address after connecting the
VPN.  This command remove that.

2) route add 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 [address_of_your_local_router]
    This command re-enter the default route to your local's router address.

3) route add 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 10.10.100.25
    In this case, i wanted the whole 10.x.x.x subnet to be routed to
PPTP remote endpoint.

Thanks again!

Guy Boisvert