[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  Guy Boisvert <boisvert dot guy at videotron dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN
 Date:  Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:54:01 -0600
I've run into this using the built in PPTP client that ships with
Windows. When connected, I don't want ALL of my traffic going through
the VPN so I take these steps:

(Assuming Windows XP, could be slightly different on other versions of
Windows, unfamiliar with Mac OS)

1. Right click your connection in "Network Connections" under the
Control Panel. Select Properties.
2. Select the Networking Tab.
3. Highlight "Internet Protocol TCP/IP" and click the Properties button.
4. Click the Advanced button.
5. UNcheck the option entitled "Use default gateway on remote network".
6. Click OK/Save/Apply on all open property windows.

If these steps are done while the connection is currently established,
simply disconnect and reconnect.

This will keep your routing table sane and only send traffic destined
for the remote network through your VPN connection.

Tim Nelson
Technical Consultant
Rockbochs Inc.
http://www.rockbochs.com // 218-727-4332