[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Russell Handorf <rhandorf at handorf dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Another PPTP VPN question
 Date:  Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:49:09 -0500
Greetings all,

I've just recently configured the PPTP VPN option in m0n0wall without a
problem. When I use the static username and password assignments the
tunnel comes up without a problem, however I have a requirement to use
RADIUS authentication. I enable RADIUS and enter the parameters, yet
authentication consistently fails. The connection hangs for a bit on
verifying username and password, and windows users get the error
"Disconnected: error 619". Naturally, I check to see if RADIUS packets
are passed from the m0n0wall firewall to the RADIUS server; they are not
at all.

I setup a dummy box to dump all ports for any host that attempted to
connect to it and configured m0n0wall to use this device as it's RADIUS
server; no ports were connected too.

My first thought would be that it's a firewall related issue, where I
have to allow m0n0wall to connect to the RADIUS server, but I checked
the firewall logs and there were no related events to the m0n0 box
attempting to connect to the RADIUS server.

Any ideas as to what the problem is? I didnt see any documentation on
the website relating to RADIUS configuration short of "just enter it,
it's not in the scope of this document".

Thanks