[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and leased line
 Date:  Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:51:09 -0500
On 11/15/06, Ardit Saliu <muhrem at mt dot net dot mk> wrote:
> I'm looking to remove my Cisco router with m0n0,
>
> I have a leased line from my ISP with 16 IP address
>
> can I do this with m0n0??

Depends.  Is your leased line a T1 that the Cisco is currently
terminating on a CSU/DSU?  If so, then you can't remove the router.
You can keep the router as a router only, and drop in m0n0wall behind
it as a firewall, which would be the ideal setup for a T1 (assuming
you don't have some other CSU/DSU device).

-Chris