[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and leased line
 Date:  Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:36:42 -0500
On 11/15/06, Ardit Saliu <muhrem at mt dot net dot mk> wrote:
> I'm looking to remove my Cisco router with m0n0,
>
> I have a leased line from my ISP with 16 IP address
>
> can I do this with m0n0??
>
> Connection is ISA E1 Internet Symmetric Access (Digital Leased line - DLL)
>
> The Cisco router is CISCO 805!!!!

With a 805, your E1 must come in on the serial interface.  m0n0wall
has no support for serial interfaces, nor CSU/DSU interfaces.  So my
last reply is still correct - you need a router plus a firewall.  You
might be able to get your ISP to terminate your E1 onto some sort of
external CSU/DSU that outputs Ethernet, which would then allow you to
connect Ethernet directly into a firewall and eliminate the router.

-Chris