[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Web interface is Gone
 Date:  Thu, 16 Nov 2006 01:31:43 -0500
On 11/16/06, Hal Vaughan <hal at thresholddigital dot com> wrote:
> I have a system that may be a bit flaky.  Later this month I'll be
> replacing it with a Soekris box, but I'd like to keep it working until
> then.  I don't think this issue could have anything to do with the
> motherboard, though.
>
> My m0n0wall box is working fine as a firewall, it's been reconfigured,
> and even rebooted and seems okay.  The only thing is when I use my
> browser and point it to http://172.16.7.1 (the m0n0wall box, of
> course), I get a "could not connect" error.  It has to be working,
> since I can access the Internet, I just can't get to the web GUI.

Did you change it to HTTPS?  Did you change the port?  Does it work
immediately after a reboot? (in case some flaky hardware is causing
the web server to crash at some point during operation)

If nothing else, you might want to try setting the LAN IP at the
console to what it currently is, as this will allow you to revert back
to the default HTTP, port 80.

-Chris