[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hal Vaughan <hal at thresholddigital dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Web interface is Gone
 Date:  Thu, 16 Nov 2006 01:43:58 -0500
On Thursday 16 November 2006 01:31, Chris Buechler wrote:
> On 11/16/06, Hal Vaughan <hal at thresholddigital dot com> wrote:
> > I have a system that may be a bit flaky.  Later this month I'll be
> > replacing it with a Soekris box, but I'd like to keep it working
> > until then.  I don't think this issue could have anything to do
> > with the motherboard, though.
> >
> > My m0n0wall box is working fine as a firewall, it's been
> > reconfigured, and even rebooted and seems okay.  The only thing is
> > when I use my browser and point it to http://172.16.7.1 (the
> > m0n0wall box, of course), I get a "could not connect" error.  It
> > has to be working, since I can access the Internet, I just can't
> > get to the web GUI.
>
> Did you change it to HTTPS?  Did you change the port?  Does it work
> immediately after a reboot? (in case some flaky hardware is causing
> the web server to crash at some point during operation)
>
> If nothing else, you might want to try setting the LAN IP at the
> console to what it currently is, as this will allow you to revert
> back to the default HTTP, port 80.

Okay -- sorry.  Sometimes I get so absorbed in one part of what I'm
working on I miss something on the other parts -- usually the painfully
obvious.  That's what it was.  I had forgotten you could change to
HTTPS and change the port.  Once I saw your post, I tried it with HTTPS
and used the port I used to use with IPCop.  That worked.  I must have
forgotten that I changed it so it'd be easier to remember (just go with
what I had used for a few years).

Thanks!  I feel like an idiot, but it's working fine now.

Hal