[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dan Bond" <dan dot bond at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Jon Saints" <saintsjd at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Adding MAC filter to monowall
 Date:  Sat, 25 Nov 2006 09:59:31 +0000
Would the 'Static Address' feature of the DHCP server, coupled with
selecting the 'Deny unknown clients' option not do the same? (excuse
the wrong names, I haven't got a m0n0 in front of me currently).
Ultimately, someone determined only need spoof the MAC address of an
existing client anyway, but I guess it's another layer of security.

Dan