[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: hidden attribute
 Date:  Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:54:18 -0600
From: "bruce carlson" <bhcarlson at gmail dot com>

>I observed a post to another person who only wanted to use one field in the
> login box.
>
> I want to use the username only.  I am using a radius server.
>
> I have been working on the Monowall login box to assign "visitor"
> automatically to the password, but I have failed.
>
> The post to another  person from you suggested using the hidden attribute
> <embed....> (as I see freom my books).  If I embed the password line
> should
> I leave the password box blank in my radius db, or does it matter?
>
> Or, will it work?
>
> But better, yet, for my education: how to make the monowall default login
> code send the variable 'password'  as "visitor"

Generally better to send this to the list.  I almost deleted it as spam. :-)
And now I realized all three e-mails were direct to me.  Of well...  Anyway,
back to the list to help others.  Here is the attributes for simple login.

<input name="auth_user" value="User Name" type="text" >
<input name="auth_pass" value="Password" type="password" >
<input name="accept" value="Click to Log In" type="submit" >

Now you want "visitor" to be the password at all times.  So use;

<input name="auth_user" value="User Name" type="text" >
<input name="auth_pass" value="visitor" type="hidden" >
<input name="accept" value="Click to Log In" type="submit" >

                        Lee