[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can Monowall do this VPN?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:29:41 -0600
Hi Mark,
M0n0wall won't allow you to connect it to a VPN of another location.  If
you want to link up your firewall to their firewall so that everyone in
the office can access their network (just like a single PC does with the
VPN), you need to setup IP-SEC link for that. M0n0wall has a built in
VPN server, but that's only to let people outside of your office connect
back to you, it won't go in reverse out to another office for VPN.  I
had the same issue for two offices I wanted to link together and IP-SEC
has been a life saver.  I had two m0n0walls at both locations and the
IP-SEC connection works like a charm between them.  See if the other
office you want to connect to can do IP-SEC connections.  Otherwise, I
don't know any other way you could do what you want in this setup.

Thanks,
Michael