[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall Rules Host
 Date:  Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:29:45 +0100 (MET)
Andrei Antonelli wrote:
> hi,
>
> I would like to create a firewall rule using the hostname instead IP,
> but when a try to put the host and SAVE, o receive the message that a
> valid source IP address or alias must be specified. How i specific the
> host !!
With his IP(s), use nslookup.
This is not a limitation of m0n0wall, it is a limitation by design of a
 statefull firewall. ALGs and proxies can do the job.
If you have a name with more than one IP, like www.microsoft.com, you
have to create more than one rule, if you have dynamic IPs thats bad luck.

bye
Christoph