[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing AP on another subnet on network
 Date:  Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:27:19 -0500
On 11/30/06, Michael <zlinda1002 at cox dot net> wrote:
> If I wanted to be able to remotely access my wireless access point on
> another subnet (Opt1) what rule or static route could I implement?

None, assuming you're using the default LAN rule that permits access
to anything.

The problem is most likely a wrong or missing default gateway on the
AP, or if that's not the case there have been numerous reports here
over the years of various AP's that won't use their default gateway
for whatever reason and hence can't be communicated with cross-subnet.
 In the latter case, there's nothing you can do but always access it
on its own subnet.

-Chris