[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How do I update DynDns?
 Date:  Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:26:08 -0600
On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 06:13 -0700, Michael wrote:
> I thought ez-update was needed to update dyndns? So the software built into
> m0n0wall automatically updates the IP? How often, do you know?
>
> Thanks Lee

I am replying back to the list so others can have the information.
M0n0wall has ez-ipupdate built in.  It works on dyndns VERY well.  It
will update as soon as an IP changes, or every 30 days if it doesn't.
(The 30 day thing keeps free accounts from expiring)  I have abut 40
m0n0walls on dyndns and have had problems only twice.  Both were
machines with faulty memory causing it to abusively re-register.  Dyndns
disabled it, and sent me an e-mail.  I asked them to re-enable me to
troubleshoot it, which they did.  Great service, by the way.  That is
why I am now a paying dyndns customer.

						Lee