[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "M0n0wall (E-mail)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Comments on Multiport NICS
 Date:  Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:45:30 -0500
On 12/2/06, Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt dot com> wrote:
> I need to purchase a multiport NIC, 4-port variety. Reading the hardware
> notes for 4.4R, I see only one multiport NIC, the  ANA-62044 64-bit quad
> port 10/100baseTX adapter. Are there any others??

In addition to what Phil listed, the Intel 4 port gig cards work.

There are other various cards that use the DEC/Intel "tulip" chipset,
the dc(4) driver on FreeBSD.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=dc&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+4.11-RELEASE&format=html
and also others based on the Intel fxp(4) driver.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=fxp&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+4.11-RELEASE&format=html

I'd suggest finding 4 port cards, and checking what network chipset they use.

-Chris