[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Guy Boisvert <boisvert dot guy at videotron dot ca>
 To:  Michael <zlinda1002 at cox dot net>
 Cc:  'Lee Sharp' <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How do I update DynDns?
 Date:  Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:37:51 -0500
Michael wrote:
> You would be what I call an expert. So why is it through 7 hours of
> reviewing the mailist and various searches there is no easy answer on
> getting pasv ftp to work correctly with m0nowall?
> I feel like a complete idiot. I have been working on IT equipment for over a
> decade and I am stumped on why the ftp server doesn't list. It appears to
> connect but eventually the ftp software says the server isn't responding so
> disconnects. Its not really hard to set up port 21 and ports 50000-50100 to
> pass through to my ftp server, but it sure is hard to figure out why it
> doesn't respond!

Hi Michael,

    I too went through all this and it's only a matter of getting the
right info.  I do tech support since 1992 (Cisco, Windoze, Linux) and
sometimes, i can search a long time just to get quality info.  I not
only want to have a recipe, i want to understand!  And you know that
information on the internet is often partial, raw or completely wrong!

Here is a few link for this:

Hope this helps!

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.