[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  VinceV <vpv at ak7 dot com>
 To:  Michael <zlinda1002 at cox dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How do I update DynDns?
 Date:  Fri, 1 Dec 2006 15:56:25 -0800
Believe it or not this is more likely an issue with your FTP server than it is
M0n0.  I'm going to assume that your FTP server is behind a M0n0 that is
performing NAT.

If that's the case your FTP server is transmitting it's IP address and the port
number back to the FTP client.  M0n0 does not re-write the IP address contained
in the return data.  You need to configure your FTP server to return the M0n0's
external IP address when the source IP is not part of your local network.

This is especially critical if you plan to use FTPS or some other form of
encrypted FTP.

VinceV