[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  David Bottrill <david at bottrill dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Linksys AM200
 Date:  Sun, 3 Dec 2006 23:12:50 +0000
On Sunday 03 December 2006 20:57, Etika Temo wrote:

>I am not sure about the linksysAM200 you have but I use ADSL modems with
>linksys broadband router and it works fine. Our Win Proxy redials the
>connection when it goes down.

I have just ordered a AM200 to replace my existing Linksys Wireless router
which has more facilities than I actually need.

It's inaccurate to call the AM200 a modem it is in fact just a router without
some of the Gizmos i.e. a single internal Ethernet port rather than the more
common 4 port switch and no wireless. Which is just what I want, currently I
have a Linksys wireless router with all ports forwarded to  to M0n0wall. The
4 port switch and the wireless capability are irrelevant my network. I have
anther use for this router so I'm replacing it with the AM200.

Also worth noting the AM200's are very inexpensive.

David Bottrill

david at bottrill dot org
Registered Linux user number 330730
Internet Free World Dialup: 683864