[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Bottrill <david at bottrill dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Linksys AM200
 Date:  Sun, 3 Dec 2006 23:12:50 +0000
On Sunday 03 December 2006 20:57, Etika Temo wrote:

>I am not sure about the linksysAM200 you have but I use ADSL modems with
>linksys broadband router and it works fine. Our Win Proxy redials the
>connection when it goes down.

I have just ordered a AM200 to replace my existing Linksys Wireless router
which has more facilities than I actually need.

It's inaccurate to call the AM200 a modem it is in fact just a router without
some of the Gizmos i.e. a single internal Ethernet port rather than the more
common 4 port switch and no wireless. Which is just what I want, currently I
have a Linksys wireless router with all ports forwarded to  to M0n0wall. The
4 port switch and the wireless capability are irrelevant my network. I have
anther use for this router so I'm replacing it with the AM200.

Also worth noting the AM200's are very inexpensive.

--
David Bottrill

david at bottrill dot org
www.bottrill.org