[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] corrupted floppy
 Date:  Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:42:41 -0500
>> Or just use the backup function. iirc, the config downloaded through
>> the front-end backup function is the one stored in the ramfs, not the
>> floppy. Only time the floppy is accessed is on boot to read the
>> config, then when you make any changes.
>>
>> Sven
> Which would seem to imply that if you simply put in a new formatted
> floppy and make a change, it would rewrite the updated config to disk.

good point, but you might have to unmount the floppy through exec.php
first and remount the new one - never tried switching floppies on my
m0n0 while running, I just know it*is* mounted during operations:

m0n0wall: execute command

$ mount
/dev/md0c on / (ufs, local)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
/dev/fd0 on /cf (msdos, local, read-only)

 Just in case, make a backup through the proposed solutions first, just
in case :)

Sven