[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Simon Buob" <simon dot buob at lan dot ch>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, <bickybhogal at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Using a USB Stick
 Date:  Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:05:54 +0100
>There is info in the archives on using a USB flash drive to store your
>config.   If somebody finds it, please report back and I'll add it to
>the FAQ since it seems to come up frequently.

Here my Post some weeks ago regarding this.
But they have moved the Wiki on this Server or whatever. so it is linked
actually but noch accessible...
so Google Cache or other Archive Services should do the job.
http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:VDHezws4dWwJ:www.section6.net/wiki/
index.php/Hacking_m0n0wall_cdrom_to_get_configs_from_a_usb_drive+m0n0wal
l+usb&hl=de&gl=ch&ct=clnk&cd=1

>Not the modified iso but a manual to modify an existing M0n0wall.
>First result on google search....;)
>
>first google then tink
>
>http://www.section6.net/wiki/index.php/Hacking_m0n0wall_cdrom_to_get_co
nfigs_from_a_usb_drive

>Regards Simon

a link offhand.  It's been a while, I
>don't remember any specifics.
>
>With the official releases the only way you can do this is if you
install to the USB medium and run off of it.  >That requires a system
that'll boot from USB devices.