[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  "Wayne Fiori" <dev9null at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Using a USB Stick
 Date:  Thu, 7 Dec 2006 07:20:57 +1000

Hi Wayne,

That's one million (or whatever for that device) write cycles PER BLOCK.
A floppy, generally, fails well before any Flash media will fail.  The
algorithms in the Flash devices also ensure that data is written across
the entire unit before overwriting any particular area, enhancing the
life expectancy of the units.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3344 3889

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT