[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kimmo Jaskari" <kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How do I update DynDns?
 Date:  Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:26:28 +0200
On 12/2/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:
> From: "VinceV" <vpv at ak7 dot com>
>
> > Believe it or not this is more likely an issue with your FTP server than
> > it is
> > M0n0.  I'm going to assume that your FTP server is behind a M0n0 that is
> > performing NAT.

> What he said.  I use ProFTPd on Ubuntu, and it works fine out of the box.
> Sorry to confirm the bad news.

Just to make sure we reach overkill on the confirmation front -
ProFTPd on Solaris 10 x86, works flawlessly through the m0n0 using
pasv.

I'd say m0n0 is very consistent (if you're not running it on bad
hardware, etc, of course) - once you set up the port forwards etc
there correctly, it will do just what you ask of it. FTP servers
however vary a great deal in how well they'll work when NAT:ed and
DynDNS:ed. I had a bit of trouble running the Serv-U server on Windows
NATed successfully, for instance, that I don't have now.

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com }--

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
  - Robert Heinlein