[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Restricted access to PPTP server on m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:24:46 +0000
Hi,

>> I enable PPTP server on m0n0wall.
>> How to block access to PPTPserver from WAN interface ?
>
>you can't.
>
>Sice PPTP is meant for the sole purpose of tunneling though a WAN, it
>wouldn't make much sense. Although there must be some reason for your
>question, so maybe it's not totally off the rocker...

Actually I'd like to do this myself!  I'd like to be able to enable the
PPTP server and PPTP in from my wireless LAN (on an OPT interface) and
not advertise the PPTP server on the WAN.  It's not that I'm paranoid or
anything!  I do have WPA2 running on the wireless LAN but I'd rather be
certain...  And for some things it would be nice to actually be part of
the LAN (like SSH is only possible from my LAN to my mail server).

I'd like to be able to disable the implied rule on WAN for PPTP traffic
and create one myself if needs be.  I'm sure it's not that difficult to
code - I'll take a look.

ATB,

                                Neil.