[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Batson" <abatson at twcny dot rr dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Monowall firewall rule question
 Date:  Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:49:59 -0500
Hello,

	I am trying to a figure out problem I am having with Monowall. My
problem is that whenever I use Hamachi to allow me to create/join games with
friends, some of the games will send out a broadcast which is being block my
Monowall and effective killing any chance to create/join a game. I think
part of the problem is that my LAN has a private IP address that is
different from the IP address that Hamachi gets and those Monowall is
blocking that broadcast?

	According to the "last 50 filter log entries" from the status
command, this is appearing every time I try to create/join a game. It
appears to indicate that Monowall is blocking the broadcast.

		Dec 10 19:20:03 m0n0wall-dragon ipmon[90]: 19:20:03.000280
em0 @0:12 b www.xxxx.yyy.zzz,5120 -> 255.255.255.255,5121 PR udp len 20 35
IN

	After some digging around, I look at what the output from the status
command gives for "ipfstat -nio". From what I can figure out, the following
line in the rules is blocking the broadcast (em0 is the network card that my
LAN is on).

		@12 block in log quick on em0 from !192.168.0.0/24 to any

	I have tired add a rule to allow the Hamachi IP address to broadcast
out from the LAN but Monowall does not put in in the right group according
to the status command. I think that rule @12 means that the rule is assign
to the group 0 which does not appear to have any way to let me add a rule
for? When every I add a rule for the LAN, it get add to group 100 not group
0? I also tired to add the rule to the WAN but that is not group 0 either
(at least according to the status command).

	Any ideas or am I completely confused (normal state for me) ??

Thanks for any help and I hope what I am asking makes sense,
Dyslextic