[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with proftpd
 Date:  Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:41:17 -0500
Henning Andreseck wrote:
> Hi@all,
> i setted up da proftpd server behind my m0n0wall. in the local network
> ist works fine, but the connection from the internet doesn't work. i
> opend port 21 and port 20. do i have to open any other ports?
> thx&greetings

This has been covered a number of times. If your ftpd is NATed behind
m0n0, you need to run it in PASV mode. I don't run an ftpd, but iirc,
you need to set the IP of the ftpd to the WAN IP and set a number of
ports you forward from the outside in addition to 21/tcp. search the
archives for "FTP" or see this thread, especially Anders' response:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=290/48

Sven