[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael" <zlinda1002 at cox dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Erratic download traffic graph report
 Date:  Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:04:30 -0700
What would cause my download in 120 seconds to go from 227KB/s to 865KB/s
then back down? The graph in m0n0wall has 20 of those peaks in a 120 second
frame. This happens with traffic shaper on or off. I have a cox.net 12mb/1mb
connection. My upload rate is 1.23Mbps, but the download is more jagged than
the mountains here in Arizona! Ack is prioritized in upload queue 3 with a
weight of 15, highest upload priority is 50. I never had this problem with
DSL, but I never had a 4mb+ connection either, only 1.5mbps.

Mike