[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  olliver at dnainternet dot net
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Erratic download traffic graph report
 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:09:40 +0200
Your better ask your internet provider. In a cable modem
system you share a segment with a number of other users,
so the actual bandwith you get depends on other activity
on your segment.  They cannot provide you a fixed bandwith
as with DSL.  Do the test again during low traffic period
(5 am for example) and you'll probably notice a
difference.  If not, the problem is somewhere else, and
I'm wrong :)

Cheers,

Olli