[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tom Yerex" <tomyerex at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Implementation question
 Date:  Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:50:13 -0800
Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on my planned implementation for the following
network topology...

I am using m0n0wall to implement a small LAN/DMZ/WAN network, there are 4
servers within the DMZ segment, which include a MS-Windows server and mail
server, and there are a number of clients within the LAN segment running
MS-Windows based operating systems. Users in the LAN/WAN segments will need
to have access to the DMZ for file/print sharing and mail.

I have been told that m0n0wall can drop connections when accessing the
DMZ(OPT1) interface from the LAN interface, and I am looking for
confirmation if this is the case. My current thought is to configure the LAN
segment with m0n0wall handling DHCP and NAT, and configure the DMZ segment
with a bridge filter.

I am planning to use the latest release build of m0n0wall (1.22).

I would appreciate any input.

Thank you,

Sparky.