[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with proftpd
 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:11:59 -0500
Henning Andreseck wrote:
> the problem is that my ip changes every 24houres...thats why i use
> dyndns...
>
> i'll try lee's config as fast as possible.
> thx&greetings

I never understood why the German DSL providers do that - they cut you
off after 24 hours and you have to re-establish the PPPoE connection.
Seems like an unnecessary customer annoyance with no gain to the
provider, just more overhead to them and hasle to the customer. In any
case, the whole PASV thing and Masq config of proftpd won't work then,
unless you hack up the ftp box to change the config dynamically. But if
Lee says that it's not even necessary, then it isn't. :)

Let us know how it works, maybe we can start an ftpd section in the FAQ.

Sven