[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Pavel Balus" <Balus dot Pavel at seznam dot cz>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DMZ and public IP
 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:24:36 +0500
maybe this http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/examples-filtered-bridge.html
is what you are looking for?

sai

On 12/11/06, Pavel Balus <Balus dot Pavel at seznam dot cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my m0n0wall configuration is:
>
> WAN: 123.123.123.123/32
> LAN: 192.168.100.0/24
> DMZ: 200.200.200.160/30 (1 server with IP ends .162)
>
> I allowed all comunication (both directions) between WAN and DMZ interfaces. Then ICMP (ping)
started to work. Outbound comunication from DMZ I solved by advanced outbound NAT. What I don't
understand is why TCP inbound comunication to my server in DMZ doesn't work. I did small research
about my problem and finally I found solution. When I enable NAT 1:1 on WAN interface with public IP
200.200.200.162/32 and private IP 200.200.200.162/32, inbound TCP communication to my server in DMZ
started to work. Without this works only inbound ping to my server in DMZ. Could somebody explains
me, why it works? Does it exist another solution for m0n0wall with public subnet at DMZ (OPT)
interface?