[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Mehran" <error at exemail dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Bridge problem
 Date:  Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:53:24 +1100

I'm trying to create a bridge network

Netgear DSL/router IP /24 (DHCP) Wireless

Through m0n0Wall (bridge) Wireless

Connect to PC (Wired) IP 192.168.1.  /24

This is how I configured m0n0Wall

1.	Click on Interfaces -> WAN. Change Type to static. In Static IP
Configuration set the IP to an unused IP in the Home AP's range
( Under Wireless Configuration, set Mode to BSS, SSID to the
Home AP's SSID (netgear).
2.	Uncheck "Block private networks" at the bottom of that page. Click
3.	In Interfaces -> LAN, change the IP to reflect the local subnet
desired. E.g. In Services -> DHCP, update the allocated range
to match your LAN IP (e.g. - Click Save.
4.	Go to Diagnostics -> Reboot System.

Problem is that I can not ping the router or access the web on
the PC.  Through HyperTerminal (Monowall box) I can both ping
and google.com.

PC has an IP of no problem pinging monowall box.

Can you please let me know if I'm doing something wrong..