[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mehran" <error at exemail dot com dot au>
 To:  "'Christopher M. Iarocci'" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Bridge problem
 Date:  Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:01:55 +1100
Problem solved.

Thank you everyone involved.

The problem was the static route.  For someone else who might have the same
issue you need to select "Static Routes" on netgear's GUI.

1. Click the Add button.
2. Type a route name for this static route in the Route Name box under the
table. (This is for identification purpose only.)
3. Select Active to make this route effective.
4. Type the Destination IP Address of the final destination (eg
192.168.1.1).
5. Type the IP Subnet Mask for this destination (eg: 255.255.255.0).
If this is for a single host, type 255.255.255.255.
6. Type the Gateway IP Address, which must be a router on the same segment
(this is the wireless IP of monowall eg: 192.168.0.133).
7. Type a number between 2 and 15 as the Metric value.
This represents the number of other routers on your network. Usually,
setting this to 2 or 3 works the best, but if this is a direct connection,
set it to 2.
8. Click Apply to have the static route entered into the table

Thanks again.

Mehran