[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Can Monowall be set to bridging?
 Date:  Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:51:57 -0500
I'm trying to figure how to assign static public IP addresses to several
computers on my LAN, and then be able to access them remotely, through my
Monowall.  Monowall is connected to my ISP's modem.

Do I set Monowall to bridging, so that I can address computers (with static
public IP addresses) on my LAN?  Can Monowall even do bridging?  I'm not so
sure it can.

If Monowall can't do bridging, then I assume I must have NAT turned on and
therefore I must do "1 to 1 NATting" in order to address my computers (with
static public IP addresses) on my LAN?   With 1 to 1 NATting, I would assume
then that NAT is naturally turned on.

Thank you for helping me understand how I might be able to address my
computers with assigned static public IP addresses.