[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 To:  Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0, VPN & VoIP
 Date:  Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:40:43 -0800
I think that you're on the right track.  For Asterisk, I'd do this
utilizing IAX, as it's -much- easier to classify the traffic.  IAX
uses a single nailed up session on the same port, every time (unless a
custom port is used).  This is opposed to SIP, which uses an expected
port for call establishment, but the actual call happens on a random
UDP port that is exchanged across the control channel.

As for IPSEC, yes, do it.  You don't need to do anything special to
accomodate SIP or IAX with IPSEC - it's just regular TCP and UDP
traffic in IPSEC's eyes.