[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Jurgen van Vliet <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3b1 -status report + minor bug(?)
 Date:  Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:37:17 +0100
On 18.12.06 16:49 +0100, Jurgen van Vliet wrote:

> Minor bug(?): Channel 12 and 13 on B/G are not selectable. This
> probably has to do with not configuring a country code. I think it
> defaults to US so channel 12 and 13 are not selectable. I don't
> know if this is a limitation of the driver, in BSD or in the m0n0
> implementation ?

It looks like the country code can be configured
(hw.ath.countrycode), but it's a loader tuneable and not writable at
runtime, i.e. you'd have to modify the image to change the value.
Also, the regdomain setting that's programmed into the card's EEPROM
still applies. Check out sysctls hw.ath.* and dev.ath.0.* through
exec.php, and see also <http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/CountryCode>
(this is for the Linux Atheros driver though).

- Manuel