[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0, VPN & VoIP
 Date:  Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:30:36 -0800
Thanks for all of the replies about this. I'm hoping it will work out
well. I curious about was if an IPSec tunnel will add complexity or
unreliability into the equation than is really needed Bandwidth
should be OK (~500 & ~750Kbps actual upstream throughput = 3+ calls w/
ULAW = no problem), A Net4801 on one end and a P133 on the other.

Since I do have static IP addresses and asterisk at both ends, it
should be fairly easy to do it without IPSec. But, IPSec might allow
for more flexibility as I could easily register phones to either end
(or both) without having NAT issues with the SIP based phones. But,
with asterisk at both ends, I probably don't need it, and probably
don't really need the IPSec tunnel. However it might allow for a more
convenient or flexible setup - especially when configuring other
network services/devices to work seamlessly for them.

I may be back for more help soon...static routes and IPSec are new
for me and suggestions are still welcome.

Thanks!
Aaron