[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Collins" <jason at mammothcomputers dot com>
 To:  "Aaron" <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0, VPN & VoIP
 Date:  Tue, 19 Dec 2006 07:12:34 -0600
Just to clarify -- I think the previous poster when referring to IAX was
encouraging you to use IAX trunking between your two asterisk servers.
There seems to be agreement in the asterisk community that if you can
have two asterisk boxes, one at each location, and trunk IAX between
them, you should do so.  Setting up IAX trunks between two servers is
reasonably well documented, especially if you will be using freepbx or a
trixbox installation.  I should mention however, that I have an IPSEC
monowall vpn between my home and office with only one asterisk server in
the office and a Linksys SPA941 at home and the phone works great.
Programmed it for use at the office, took it home and plugged it in.
You shouldn't have to do any static routes if your IPSEC tunnels are set
up correctly.  (unless I am misreading your post)