[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0, VPN & VoIP
 Date:  Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:14:11 -0500
Aaron,

Question, do you have hard phone lines at each location?  If not, or if
you want to get rid of the lines at one of the locations, you could
simply install IP phones in the 2nd location and connect them to the
Asterisk box at the 1st location.  This could save them money on phone
lines, and equipment since you'll only need 1 asterisk box.  Of course
phone service at the 2nd location will depend on the uptime of the
internet connection.  You would only want to consider this if you have a
T1 or better at both ends.  DSL or cable is not reliable enough in my
opinion, unless you have a service level agreement with the provider
that makes it so.

Chris