[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ignacio_Verona_R=EDos?= <iverona at estudio dash verona dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall for a home user
 Date:  Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:19:36 +0100
Hi,

this is my first post to the list, and is for asking a simple question.
How well does m0n0wall fit onto a home network? I mean: I've some
network knowledge (I'm on the way to become a CCNA) but I miss the
"experience" part of that knowledge. I'm now getting into VoIP systems,
and need to deal with a QoS system which actually works. So I'm thinking
on buying a WRAP board and using m0n0wall for the firewall/router/QoS,
along with my old 3Com DSL router or my new D-link router.

The question is: I've a home network with 4 PCs, and some IP phones.
Will all the PCs be able to use all the services (MSN, msn file
transfers & video chat, skype, and so on) with m0n0wall as a router?
Right now, it works very well (almost out of the box) with uPNP and some
redirected ports. Also, if this fit the needs, I would be installing
m0n0wall on some of my clients networks...

Thanks in advance for your replies. Regards,
Ignacio.