[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Random lack of Dataflow over IPSEC VPN
 Date:  Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:29:48 +0900
According to http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/ipsec-tunnels.html it says that it
recommends using 28880 for phase 1?

Phase 1:
Lifetime: This field is far more important then it appears. This lifetime,
as opposed to the one in phase 2, is how long your end will wait for phase 1
to be completed. I suggest using 28800 in this field.

Phase 2:
Lifetime: This is the lifetime the negotiated keys will be valid for. Do not
set this to too high of a number. E.g. more than about a day (86400) as

paranoid either; there is no need to set this to 20 minutes or something
like that. Honestly, one day is probably good.

Im willing to try anything so I will try what youve said, although I think
Phase 1 should complete rather quickly, so waiting  28880 seconds seems like
enough for me?

Thanks,
Jai